To Provincial/ District Coordinators,
Branch Secretaries and All Members,
GMOA General Committee held on 18th of October, 2018, decided to hand over a petition to His Excellency the President, signed by doctors, to convey our displeasure and objections against the conduct by Health Minister, Rajitha Senarathne on;
- Overruling the technical decisions of the Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC),
- Attempts to abolish the present medical ordinance which is in existence for nearly 90 years and replace it with a new act within 20 days,
- Intentionally delaying the appointment of a President to SLMC and not proceeding with filling other vacancies in the council,
- Appointing his political henchmen to the SLMC with ulterior motives.
Please follow instructions given below,
- We will send hard copies of the petition and signature sheets before 25th of October, 2018 to all Branch Union Secretaries.
- If any postal delay, the petition and signature sheets are available in www.gmoa.lk
- Launch signature campaign in all Branch Unions on 25th of October, 2018 (Thursday) with local media coverage and press briefing.
- Collect Signatures from Doctors within 5 working days and return signature sheets to GMOA office on or before 1st of November, 2018.
- DO NOT fill Number column (No. column)
- In one signature sheet can collect 20 signatures. Complete one signature sheet prior to start a new signature sheet.
PETITION – Download
SIGNATURE SHEET – Download
POWER POINT PRESENTATION – Download