The way forward of Communication Skills Council
01. Defining communication skills to suit our contexts including wards, OPDs, clinics, public health settings and other Sri Lankan health care settings.
02. Defining training programmes to suit the healthcare professionals including doctors, nurses, paramedical and other healthcare categories.
03. Making curricula for these training programmes .
04. Undertaking training programmes for the target groups.
05. Training master trainers in communication.
06. Sharing experiences with other countries in the South Asian Region and elsewhere in training healthcare professionals.
07. Undertaking research to generate evidence in communication in healthcare in Sri Lankan context.
08. Taking the training programmes to the provincial, district, divisional and grass root levels.
09. Securing foreign and local grants for infrastructure and manpower development.
10. Incorporating teaching communication skills at postgraduate training programmes.