Implementation of the annual transfers of the grade medical officers is a must.
1. Since only the grade seniority is taken in to consideration there is no chance for manipulations ,political or otherwise.
2. A centrally controlled transfer scheme is a basic requirement of an all island service.
3. Every doctor is given a fare chance to work in any hospital at some point of his service based on the seniority.
4. A regular transfer scheme minimizes the chances for corruption within the medical profession which is a part and partial of the public service in Sri Lanka.
5. Facilitates chances for post graduate education and schooling of the medical officers’ children and many more…