Government, by circular no: 7/2007 made compulsory to all medical officers who join after 01-07-2007 should acquire proficiency in 2nd language within a period of 5 years in addition to the 1st language as a government policy.
GMOA decided a training programme for medical professionals before the above exam, and at the end of the programme a certificate will be awarded which fulfills the requirements of circular no 7/2007. This certificate will be necessary to start internship.
The Training Programme
- 10 days residential programme.
- Programme for the 1st batch will be commenced on 10th of february 2014 at 8.30 a.m.
- It will be held at Agalawatta Language Training Centre.
- 60 officers can be accommodated.
- Course is free of charge for all officers (conditions apply).
Criteria for Registration
- First come first serve basis.
- Registration should be done by sending a duly completed application form to GMOA office via email, by post or by hand delivery.
- Training programme will cost more than Rs. 50,000 per participant. If a participant fails to participate without a substitute after registration, half of that cost should be paid as a penalty.
The application form will be available in GMOA website: www.gmoa.lk
Hotline: 0777599280 – Dr. Prasan Sanjaya.
Address: No 275/75, Prof. Stanly Wijerathna Mawatha, Colombo 07.
More information about implementation of Official Language Policy: Click Here